1G: Where it all begins
Nippon Telegraph and Telecommunications (NTT) launched the first wave of mobile networks, or 1G as they were dubbed retroactively when the next generation was introduced in Tokyo in 1979. By 1984 NTT rolled out 1G to cover the whole of Japan. Most of the developed nations pulled out 1G after a few years
Despite its popularity, 1G technology suffered from several drawbacks. Coverage was poor and sound quality was low. Also, the calls weren't encrypted, so anybody with a radio scanner could enter in a call.
- Frequency: 150MHz / 900MHz
- Capacity (data rate): 2 Kbit/s
- From 1980 to 1990
- Bad voice quality
- Poor battery, cellphones
- Big cellphones
- Better than nothing, at least it's wireless and mobile
2G: Getting an upgrade
1991, Finland, The second generation of mobile networks, or 2G was launched under the standard called GSM. For the first time, the call was encrypted and voice quality was better. Also, the capacity (data rate) have higher speed, 64kbps!
- Frequency: 1.8GHz (900MHz)
- Capacity (data rate): 64 Kbit/s
- From 1991 to 2000
- Better voice quality
- Allows text message service (SMS, MMS)
2.5G: Add-on features
And the next generation is, an add-on feature! The 0.5 gives us new some new features like built-in cameras, emails, and the internet, from where you browsing this article!
- Frequency: 1.8GHz (900MHz)
- Capacity (data rate): 172 Kbit/s - 384 Kbit/s
- From 1991 to 2000
- Allows built in cameras, email and internet browsing
3G: Load the HD video, smartphone!
The third-generation mobile networks are still in use today, but commonly when the preferable 4G signal fails. 3G revolutionized mobile connectivity and the capabilities of cell-phones. In comparison to 2G, 3G was much faster and could transmit greater amounts of data. This means that users could watch better quality videos and video call to someone, share files to other users, surf the internet, watch TV online and play online games on their mobiles for the first time. Under 3G, cell-phones where no longer just about calling and texting, they were the hub of social connectivity, where people can talk and discuss in forums about many topics (NonStopGreen Forum).
- Frequency: 1.6 – 2.0 GHz
- Capacity (data rate): 144 Kbit/s – 2 Mbit/s
- From 2000 to 2010
- Called smartphones
- Video calls
- Fast communication
- Mobil TV
- Large capacities and broadband capabilities
4G: I'm speed!
The introduction of 4G went one step further than the revolutionary 3G. It’s ten times faster than the 3G network! And in theory, can provide speeds of up to 100 Mbit/s. Under 4G, users can experience higher voice quality, easy access to instant messaging services and social media, quality streaming and download things faster.
- Frequency: 2 – 8 GHz
- Capacity (data rate): 100 Mbit/s – 1 Gbit/s
- From 2010 to 2020 (5G replace it)
- The phone gives more choices (like a type of password lock, etc)
- personalization of interface (UI + UX)
- Good QoS (Quality of service) + high security
- Bigger battery usage
5G: New technology
Now we get to the most interesting thing, 5G!
For 5G to be functional, we need to place additional towers in a smaller area, which can cause some problems. We will review them at the bottom.
There are many conspiracies theories about 5G, like that it causes cancer and to absurd theories that 5G causing coronavirus, but in this article, we will see both sides, the conspiracies theories and the science side.
From the science side:
Many scientists (over 230 scientists from 40 countries) are warned about 5G health and environmental risks even before and after the 5G rollout.
Some countries banned 5G:
- New Zealand
So let's see what are the issues of the fifth generation:
Before we start, we need to clarify that there are 3 types of 5G:
- 🟢 Low-band: 600MHz, 800MHz, 900MHz (TV broadcasts)
- 🟡 Mid-band: 2.5GHz, 3.5GHz, 3.7-4.2GHz (phones)
- 🔴 Millimeter-wave (high-band): 24GHz, 28GHz, 37GHz, 39GHz, 47GHz (microwaves)
Did you hear about electromagnetic fields exposure? When 5G will be available in most of the countries, every human will be exposed to electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) on top of the 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, etc. This will cause several problems:
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia
- Blood from the nose
- Tiredness and lack of concentration
- Dysesthesia (a painful, often itchy sensation)
- Changes in memory
- Loss of appetite which causes weight loss
- Restlessness and anxiety
- Skin damage
- Changes in an electroencephalogram (which measures electrical activity in the brain)
As you see from above, there are many health issues with 5G, but what about environmental issues?So let's view the issues:
- Trees - in Colorado, US, experiments have pointed to radiation from cell towers causing poor growth and smaller leaves on Aspen trees - Haggerty 2010 A 4-year experiment (2016) demonstrated, with accurate RF emission testing, cell tower radiation causing the death of nearby trees over time. (experiment by Waldmann-Selsam)
- Birds - independent studies have confirmed that radio frequency (RFR) effects on the navigation of birds. When birds are flying in cities with a lot of RFR, it can cause their orientation to appear and disappeared again and again.
- Bees - Bees are a critical species for all of our planet. They provide pollination to 71 out of 100 crops that provide 90% of the world’s food supply, according to the UN Environmental Program. Bee behaviour is disturbed by radiation, causing a significant decrease in colony intensity and the rate of the queen's oocytes.
“If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live.”
― Maurice Maeterlinck
There are some conspiracies theories, we counted more than 5!
- The deployment of 5G in china caused coronavirus?!
- The deployment of 5G technology will be a weapon for global population control. To reduce the number of people in the world and control the people who remain.
- The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi bands which used for the 5G technology is the same unlicensed band in which microwave ovens used for cooking.
- Some people believe that babies who exposed to 5G will develop autism.
- One of the theories is that the 5G millimetre band is powerful enough to boil the water molecules in the human body. And this frequency is chosen to make everyone sterile.
- Another popular theory is that iPads used in conjunction with 5G technology the emissions will sterilize the user.
People in the UK burning down 5G towers because of "coronavirus conspiracy theories"
In the last weeks, you may saw in the media news about how people in the UK setting on fire 5G communication towers, and you thought: why would they think 5G cause coronavirus? I know from this article that 5G causes other things, but not coronavirus! So this is the story:
The 5G network was launched in August, Wuhan, China, and the zero patient of the Coronavirus was found on November 17, in the same city where they installed the 5G network. And many people didn't consider it a coincidence. And from that moment, everyone started posting incorrect information about 5G related to the coronary virus, and a lot of people believed that statement, and went to burn 5G towers!
From the channel "Judge Larry Britt"
5G is still a new technology that we need to test and upgrade, but the testing must not be in nearby areas with people, and not in areas with many animals, so they won't be hurt. If you see any animals hurt or you see the weird behaviour of your body after installation of 5G network, ask other people in your area if they saw the same behaviours that you saw. If yes, report the 5G after-effects to your mayor and the company that installing them. (You can also report to us)
Meets in the next article!